If there were just one decade I had the chance to go back and live through, it would definitely be the 1970’s. Maybe it’s the life and death of Hendrix that I feel sore about missing out on (okay, perhaps that span extended beyond the 1970’s, but hey, still counts in my book) or the birth of the disco era that so captivates me. Or, maybe it’s the creation of Judy Chicago’s Dinner Party or the cinematic resurgence of the femme fatale…
Regardless, 70’s pop culture continues to inspire some seriously cool style today, and the influence of the era is inescapable: oversized shades, bootcut bottoms, crochet tops, and cork wedge sandals, to name a few. One shining example is Carin Wester’s Watercolor Tie Blouse—a modern update of the peasant top of seasons past, and, luckily, this piece is just short enough at the waist to show off your groovy wide-legs by James Jeans. Top the look off with some brown vintage sunglasses and a pair of platform wedges or wooden sandals, and you’re more than ready to bust out and do tha hustle with the best of them.
As for all you savvy gals on a budget? You know we’ve got you covered, too!
HEAD IN THE CLOUDS
1. Carin Wester Watercolor Sleeveless Blouse, $221
2. Phosphorescence x Erin Wasson 60’s Movies Sunglasses, $250
3. James Jeans Fly Boy Slim Trouser Jeans, $172
4. All Saints Rosalina Heel, $280
PLATS ON THE GROUND
5. Free People Sleeveless Tie Floral Buttondown, $50
6. What The Funk 80’s Clear Brown Sunglasses, $39
7. The Proportion of Blu Narrow Bootcut Jeans, $44
8. Soda Tahiti Skin Bare Platform Sandals, $29
FINISH THEM BOTH OFF WITH THESE!
9. Nasty Gal Chained Circle Earrings, $18