Last summer, I whipped out my mint-condition Speedo one-piece thinking that I’d be able to sashay in and around the pool, kicking it 100% relaxation style. Contradictory to that notion, I found myself not being able to breathe in the thing, no less relax, with the blood to my brain being cut off by restrictive racerback straps and complete lack of bra-support. Since then, I’ve been keeping an eye out for a more superior one-piece swimsuit–with the same sort of coverage and utility, with just a bit more style in construction. Note: Looking sexy on the beach does not mean you have to bare all skin (areola) entirely. One-piece swimsuits can do a body just as good as even the teensiest bikini, as long as you know what to look for.
That being said, if you’re looking for a swimsuit for this summer, that’s just as sweet as it is racy (and guaranteed to hold it all in), we have ten red-hot recommended picks for you to get started…
Let the fun begin!
1. REISS Arabella Lace Swimsuit in black, $40*
2. J. Crew Jersey Lomellina Eleanora Bandeau Tank in mountain pine,$115
3. Zimmerman Swimwear Ruffle One-Piece Swimsuit, $209
4. Insight Jeddah Print Deep-V One-Piece Swimsuit, $104
5. 3.1 Phillip Lim Initials Fruit Punch Striped Halter Swimsuit, $424*
6. Garnet Hill Splendid Pin-Dot Bandeau, $118
7. Undrest Knitted Strapless Swimsuit, $84*
8. Carmen Marc Valvo Retro One-Piece in pink coral, $167
9. Hermanny by Vix Swim Watercolor One-Piece Swimsuit, $107
10. Seaspray Cordoba Long Length Bandeau Swimsuit, $113