Call it love, call it lust, call it what you will, but this year’s holiday wishlist, at least on our part, can only be described as no holds barred because… well, this is a wish list, isn’t it? The following are all items that would, in a ‘utopian’ society, be born from the fruits of our loins and exist (in our closets and homes) in perfect harmony: a melding of sweet and sour, leather and lace and practical and impractical.
So, take a peek into the musings of our collective mind, and maybe, just maybe, you’ll find the perfect gift for that special somebody in your life–yourself included!
1. D.L. & Co. Skull Cased Candle $115
2. AllSaints Laurels Crew Tee, $65
3. Diptyque BAISE Candle,$60
4. Miss Patina Evening Sleigh Ride Dress, $119
5. Ruche Marquess Polka Dot Lace Top, $40
6. Urban OG Oxford Canvas Boots, $29
7. AllSaints Python Curse Scarf, $95
8. Up by Jawbone Wristband, $99
9. Low Luv by Erin Wasson Armour Knuckle Ring in Gold, $56
10. Free People Leather Mini Skirt, $99
11. Angelique Houtkamp Linedrawing Book, $60
12. Topshop Petite Faux Fur Nylon Parka, $196
13. Balmain Stars and Stripes Leather Jacket, $12,933 (again, this IS a wish list)
1. Umbrella Heaven ‘Pagoda’ Umbrella, $70
2. IMPROVD Chelsea Funnel Neck Sweatshirt, $139
3. Prada Candy Shower Gel, $42
4. Classic Beauty: The History of Makeup by Gabriela Hernandez, $37
5. nOir Jewelry Phillipe the Parrot Ring, $175
6. Deborah Lippmann Trendsetter Set, $35
7. Fifi Lapin Hop Like an Egyptian Print, $20
8. Nubian Heritage Black Soap, $4
1. KBS Longship Black and White Soap, $6
2. Less and More Wooden Cosmetic Organizer, $140
3. Tomorrow is Forever Vintage 1950s Evening Dress, $160
4. Clam Lab Raw Chocolate Teapot, $150
5. LW Vintage Lavender and Gold Murano Glass Table Lighter, $58
6. Take Off Your Clothes Tarpaulin Cocoon, $149
7. Monserat de Lucca Brass Lighter Ring, $63
8. The Conversation by Jean Michel and Milton Glaser, $95
1. Noemiah Night Butterfly Earrings, $42
2. Classic Bookset designed by Christian Lacroix, $75
3. Balenciaga Paris Shower Gel, $40
4. Marc Jacobs Olive Leather Coin and Key Purse, $100
5. Sam Edelman Zain Wedge Boot, $150
6. ASOS Dipped Back Cape Trench, $129
Woe is you! The holidays are around the corner, and you’ve got nothin’ but an overloaded credit card and a modest fistful of cash with which to shop. What to do? Well, first off–put that pout away! We’ve have compiled this lil’ list of budget beauties for those of you looking to impress sans monetary stress. So buck up and let’s get the dang thing done together…
1. Tree and Kimball Aurelia Copper and Lace Necklace, $44
Four words: Handmade. Lace. Gossamer Chains. This is one she’ll want to wear daily.
2. Korres Jasmine Showergel (8.45oz), $6.50
All-natural, top-rated, heaven-smelling product–straight from the Greek Gods. This is a budget all-star.
3. Aqua Two-Finger Pyramid Ring (in zinc steel) via Bloomingdales, $16 (on sale!)
A trendy statement piece that packs just the right punch. For the knockout that she is.
4. Nine-piece assortment of Marcie Blaine Artisanal Chocolates (9th row down), $18
Quality sweet treats with a unique local flare. Who doesn’t like chocolate?
5. Fred Flare Greenwich Lace-up Heels, $44
Classic black ankle booties that will go with just about anything in her closet. How thoughtful of you!
–JEAN CANDIDO, LIZ HOFFMANN & STEPHANIE KAO
At a loss for what to get your special someone this holiday season? Well we hear you, and we’re here to lend a helping hand. There’s a lot of amazing of stuff out there, but Liz has rounded up the crème de la crème of it all for the especially deserving design aficionado in your life–from slick, fun gadgets to palatably pleasing accoutrements… who says this ain’t easy?
1. The Impossible Project‘s Holgaroid Camera, $154
2. J. Crew Zigzag Zipper Clutch in Black, $88
3. TOKYObay Watch Necklace, $68
4. Areaware Magno Micro Radio, $150
5. Jonathan Adler Utopia Baboon Pitcher, $110
6. Functionista Black Polkadot iGadget Case, $12
7. Bill McRight Easy Rider 4-Color Screen Print, $30