As the weather gets colder, I find my wardrobe suddenly takes on a life of its own, as it slowly begins to cross over to the dark side. By the time the holidays roll around, my closet is a black hole. Does anyone else have this problem? Sure, wearing all black is a cinch and a quick and easy way to look put together if you’re starved for an outfit choice but… we can do better.
Looking to the runways, I notice quite a few inspirational colors, but what really catches my interest is the unexpected appearance of pastels. I know it seems like these are a bit out of place right now, but I think it’s a great way to lift the spirits of an otherwise dreary wardrobe. Wearing a combination of different hues (if done right) can be totally refreshing.
Not sure if you’re ready to go head-to-toe? Try sneaking in some subtle pastel accessories. Wear all black, just add in a pair of mint green gloves or a yellow scarf as an accent and you’ll be all set.
Here are some of our picks to get the pastel ball rolling.
1. Topshop Knitted stitch V-neck Jumper, $92*
2. American Apparel Chiffon Pleated Skirt, $55*
3. Modcloth Enviable Traveler Gloves, $16*
4. J.Crew Honeycomb Cable Sweater, $80
5. J.Crew Vintage Matchstick Cords, $80
6. Nasty Gal Evie Envelope Clutch, $80*
7. Jeffrey Campbell Audrina Platform Wedges, $138*
8. Forever21 Metallic Knit Infinity Scarf, $9
9. Forever21 Native Poncho, $23