If you’re anywhere near as overwhelmed as I am when it comes to what to do and where to make that cameo at Fashion’s Night Out in NYC (that’s today, my friends!), you’ll want to listen in closely. I did a bit of sleuthing to provide you with the must-attend events of FNO for you and your fashion posse. Psst: Please keep in mind that most of these events will kick off around 6:00pm and will come to a close around 10:00pm, so plan tightly.
1. Barneys is offering 10% OFF all sales at their Madison Avenue flagship store. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Daphne Guinness, Alexander Wang, the designers of Proenza Schouler, Rodarte and Rag & Bone are just some of the celebrity figures you can expect to be in attendance. 660 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10065 / 212-826-8900.
2. Manolo Blahnik will also be welcoming a very special guest, the one and only Sarah Jessica Parker, who will be ready and waiting to talk shop at MB’s 54th Street location from 6:30pm to 7:30pm. And as if SJP weren’t enough to get you there, MB has also commandeered its very own milkshake truck, which will be navigating NYC’s streets all night, providing tasty treats for all you weary high-heeled party girls. A portion of all proceeds made will go to The Fund for Public Schools. 31 West 54th Street (between 5th Avenue & Avenue of the Americas), New York, NY 10019 / 212-582-3007.
3. Victoria’s Secret Angels Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Erin Heatherton and Lily Aldridge will be hanging out and packing in the gorg at VS’s Soho location, taking photos with customers and fans from 7:00pm to 10:00pm. Fair warning: This event was insanely packed last year; see for yourself here. Proceed with caution. 591-593 Broadway New York, NY NY10012 / 212-219-3643.
4. Bergdorf Goodman will usher in FNO with a live burlesque show, tarot card readings, designer dogs galore, live music by a number of distinguished artists, a ‘Wheel of Fashion’ game, and live appearances made by Jason Wu and Oscar de la Renta (um, we want to go to there). 754 5th Avenue (at 58th Street), New York, NY 10001 / 212-753-7300.
5. Alice + Olivia designer Stacey Bendet will be hosting a ‘Top Model’ contest. The winner will be given a shot to walk in A+O’s Spring 2011 fashion show scheduled for September 14th. 80 West 40th Street, New York, NY 10018 / 212-840-1155.
6. Dolce & Gabbana will be providing its guests with a complimentary grooming bar, professional makeup artists, and a celebrity photographer to take your own photo while looking your finest–which will then be plastered onto a free/customized D&G t-shirt! A mystery guest performance is also scheduled–your guess is as good as ours! 825 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10065 / 212-249-4100.
7. Lanvin will host a–you guess it–dance competition that will require contestants to mimic the dancing of their models featured in the label’s latest ad campaign. Luxurious prizes for the best shakers and movers of the night are certain. 815 Madison Avenue (at 68th Street), New York, NY 10065 / 646-439-0380.