While leaving her hotel in New York City, the always amazing Ashley Olsen appears to be poised and ready to attend a fabulous… cookout in the summer sun?
Take another look. What might appear to be a mismatched duo of cocktail dress and Toms slip-ons on a regular ol’ (but classy) gal like myself, comes off as a super easy, and–dare we say it–logical combination for the trendsetting StyleMint designer. The lesson to learn from Ash here? Never be afraid to mix styles, whether they be casual + classy, flirty femme + goth, or whatever else your creative noggin can come up with. Rules? Throw ‘em out the window. If there’s one thing we love and admire about Ashley (and her sis, too!), it’s that she always keeps us guessing.
Bonus: With the change of seasons right around the corner, one of the best things about this look is that each piece is either transitional or season-less. Come September, throw in some of our favorite Dr. Marten Blake Buckle Boots and a trendy blush blazer, and VOILÀ—fall, here you come.
1. H&M Black Dress, $48
2. Toms White Canvas Women’s Classic Shoes, $44
3. Kariana Large Sterling Silver Gothic Ring, $24
4. Forever 21 Rhinestone Filigree Ring, $6
5. Banana Republic Croc-Embossed Lambskin Tote, $120
6. Topshop Black Drop Lense Sunglasses, $32
7. Tilly’s Three-Hand Round Face Watch, $25
Image of Ashley provided courtesy of buzzfoto.com