The revolving door of fashion has once again presented us with a lovely little blast from the past: the scalloped hemline. First made popular on the drop-waist dresses of the 20s, again in the 40s, and now, by the nimble-minded mademoiselles chez Chloé, this is one trend that’s got me clicking my vintage heels together in utter joy!
A longtime fan of anything sweet, girly, and well, vintage, I literally squealed with delight at first sight of Threadsence‘s Minty Fresh Scalloped Shorts. Much like the food, scallops are universally pleasing and super simple to incorporate into your current repertoire, as evidenced by the perennially feminine-chic Keiko Lynn. For those of you who may have shied away from shorts in the past because they’re just not dainty enough, I highly suggest you give this trend a try–the undulating hemline instantly softens up any garment, from tough-girl jean shorts, to otherwise boxy blouses.
So, c’mon ladies, channel your inner Daisy Buchanan and shimmy into some scallops!
Clockwise from top-left:
4. Threadsence Minty Fresh Scalloped Shorts, $37
5. The Row Embroidered Mesh Top, $1450 (MEGA SPLURGE, but would look great with the minty fresh shorts!)
6. Kimchi Blue Scalloped Blouse $19 (On sale!)
7. Need Supply Aussie Romper in Cream, $105
8. Free People Scalloped Hem Lace Shorts, $78
Photo of Keiko Lynn courtesy of keikolynn.com