We all took note of Marc Jacobs’s Spring 2011 Collection, with its portions of flowing, oversized delight and its pleasing color palette. Combine with the effortless 70’s silhouettes and styling of Halston, and you hit this summer’s bull’s-eye. We love how investing in one of these now is a way to both speak to trend and keep it classic, considering pieces like these are pretty timeless, when styled right. It’s all about the subtle, curvy lines, which render the look soft, but refined. You know… you sport one of these in your dreams of vacationing inSt. Barths, or of relaxing in your million-dollar Moroccan mansion. In that dream, I personally would be wearing this incredible KAUFMANFRANCO taupe sandwashed-silk creation, complete with a gold disc embellishment. Truly glorious.
This is a luxurious look, but the beauty lies in simple statement of silhouette; keep that in mind when it comes to prints and steer toward motifs that are not too heavy; we like this one by Forever 21. The colors, fit, and figure of these pieces is all very desert rose-earthy yet sophisticated, pops of floral color, etc. Pair with brown or nude heels and a long, gold pendant necklace, and you’re making a statement that will never go out of style.
1. KAUFMANFRANCO Sandwashed-Silk Halterneck Jumpsuit, $2,095
2. Cacharel Silk Jumpsuit, $845
3. Alice and Olivia Dawn Pleated Top Jumpsuit, $440
4. Arden B. Wide Leg Knit Tube Jumpsuit, $59
5. Halston Heritage Silk-Charmeuse Jumpsuit, $355
6. Forever 21 Floral Stamp Jumpsuit, $28
7. Paul & Joe Jaspire Silk Halterneck Jumpsuit, $815