Have I trick for you. It’s called intermixing classic and neutral colors. By that I mean, navy, black, gray, brown, cream, and white. I’m tellin’ you, stick with these babies, and suddenly, everything “goes” with everything. Even better: For some reason, the mere act of bringing together these colors–slapped upon righteous design, of course—has a tendency to render the outfit modestly luxurious. There’s something European about it, too. Hmm.
Anyway, this tactic is also affordable (although you’ll want to invest in at least two or three strong pieces). IE: Every store’s got a decent black top on sale. Period. The other thing is that this is easy. Basically, it busts the possibilities of your closet wide open. Yeah, I know you’ve got as much black as I do, so why not take your favorite LBD and pair it with a vintage brown belt for a change? Maybe pair a navy top with skin-tight black pants? Khaki shorts, black tights, chocolate brown booties? Or what about white jeans, brown belt, black top with the same booties? I love a sweet little black romper with a pair of brown platforms, myself. Go on, mix and match your little hearts out, because every outfit is suddenly an ideal canvas to highlight your intriguing array of accessories.
Right now, we’re in a fashion limbo of sorts. It’s not quite time for full-on spring and the threat of winter is still lingering, but the idea of temperatures in the steamy 40’s isn’t completely absurd. What to do. Well, take some of your winter blacks, fall browns, and spring whites and have a field day! Because that’s just the kind of woman you are.
Don’t want to shop your closet? That’s where we come in. Ponder the endless possibilities…
1. Halston Heritage Drape Vest, $195
2. Miss Sixty Light Beige Faux Leather Zip, $84
3. Topshop One Shoulder Kimono Playsuit, $100
4. VS, The VS Pencil Jean, $60
5. BCBGeneration Cross-Front Belted Dress, $108
6. Levity Suzie Leather Bootie, $80
7. Old Navy White Cropped Cardigan, $20
8. Robert Rodriguez Robbi & Nikki Eyelet Corset Cami, $130
9. Warehouse Snaffle Skinny Belt, $35
10. One Teaspoon Confessions Dress, $106
11. All Saints Cerulean Cardigan, $115
12. Alison White Short-Sleeve Cardigan, $112
13. T by Alexander Wang Low Gauge Batting Sweatpants, $138
14. Joe’s Jeans Heavy Metal Belt, $55
15. Bedstu Steinway Belt, $64
16. Single ‘Victoria’ Belted Sheath Dress, $129
17. Kenneth Jay Lane Enameled Necklace, $225
18. YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lip Color SPF 15, $30