I am on a mission. I am on a serious mission for a wristlet. I can’t believe I’ve lived this long without one, actually. How practical are these? And you can usually find a quality wristlet for under $100—a victory in itself, we would all agree.
Be mindful… a wristlet isn’t just a clutch with a strap attached to it (although some copywriters beg to differ). Wristlets are a size smaller than your typical clutch, more like a large wallet with a bracelet. Wristlets are as small as it gets before you’re stuffing things into your pockets. In your wristlet you’ve got your phone, your money and ID, some lipstick, and a few sticks of gum, and that may be it. I’m on the prowl for one because I want something small, compact, and easy to access for concert-going. The last thing I want to worry about while I’m at a show is my handbag. Being 5’2” is hard enough.
So here are a few picks I’m eyein’ for the buyin’… haven’t decided yet. No matter my final choice, I look forward to hitting the town stress-free–without my bottomless bag. Plus, now, I won’t be ‘that chick’ who everyone begs to hold their crap.
1. MICHAEL Michael Kors Wallet Clutch for iPhone, $80
I’m kind of flipping out about this—my top choice.
2. Global Girlfriend Ugandan Waxcloth Wristlet, via Target, $15
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Printed Wristlet, $128
4. Diane von Furstenberg Arabella Nylon Wristlet, $87 (On sale!)
5. Hobo International Zoe Wristlet Wallet, $88
6. Betsey Johnson Crystal Wristlet, $98
7. Fossil Sasha Wristlet, $40