Not a fan of the imminent onslaught of winter cold to come? Well, neither am I. But unless you plan on spending the next five months of your life cowering indoors, you’re going to have to get out there and face it eventually. Luckily, I have just the thing to ease your fears, swallow you up in endless warmth, and punctuate your winter wardrobe like no other accessory will.
Celapiu. An independent Polish label established in 2006 by designer Celina Dębowska, Celapiu is also a word Dębowska conjured up as she was first emerging as a designer, ‘leaving behind’ her filmmaking past. It was a battle cry of sorts that helped Dębowska channel the inner courage that she needed to move on with her career in fashion design–and aren’t we glad that she did?
Celapiu’s F/W 2010/11 lookbook of marvels can be viewed online here; this newest line showcases my favorite of her designs by far–most notably, the braided shrug, cowl, and ears.
Infused with equal parts imagination, humor, and straight-up skill, these playful designs are everything my little heart desires in a cold-weather accessory and more; and you’d better believe this post will be conveniently doubling as my Christmas wish list for this year.
CONTINUE THE HUNT
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT ©2010 - 2011 OF
VERY GLOSSY UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- A VG INTERVIEW WITH SALLY JANE VINTAGE
- INSPIRATION FOUND: CHLOÉ SPRING 2012
- IT’S A WRAP: OUR 2011 HOLIDAY WISH LIST RUNDOWN
- A TREAT FOR THE SENSES: HYLO BOUTIQUES’ HOLIDAY EVENT
- SAVE OR SPEND: NINE WARDROBE STAPLES TO MIX AND MATCH THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
- STYLE DIRECTION: PLEIN SUD
- NINO BRAND’S FALL 2011 COLLECTION DESIGNED BY BELA SHEHU
- DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT: YUMA BELLA
- INSPIRATION FOUND: LANA DEL REY
- STEAL HER STYLE: LADY SAGITTARIUS