I think it’s high time to start doting on spring 2011’s feel-good collection by Lauren Moffatt, fittingly titled The Honeymooner and What She Packed. Delicate, ladylike, and powder-sugary-sweet, The Honeymooner was inspired by a dress Moffatt’s mother saved from her own honeymoon decades ago. The designer expresses that this dress must have been pretty significant for her mother to hold onto it for so very long, and what better way to pay homage to this family keepsake than to design an entire collection based on it?
Moffatt’s use of streamlined cuts, exaggerated scalloping (my absolute favorite), pleated ruffles, and a discerning taste for just the right finishing touches, married with a perfect, creamy candy-like palette, pretty much sends the adorability factor of this collection straight through the roof. Plus, party socks just really do it for me.
Swooning with me? Well then. Moffatt’s entire lookbook can be viewed here on her blog, with past collections available for purchase in her online shop. Philadelphians can also look for Moffatt’s creations at Art in the Age at 116 North 3rd Street in Olde City.
CONTINUE THE HUNT
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT ©2010 - 2011 OF
VERY GLOSSY UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- A VG INTERVIEW WITH SALLY JANE VINTAGE
- INSPIRATION FOUND: CHLOÉ SPRING 2012
- IT’S A WRAP: OUR 2011 HOLIDAY WISH LIST RUNDOWN
- A TREAT FOR THE SENSES: HYLO BOUTIQUES’ HOLIDAY EVENT
- SAVE OR SPEND: NINE WARDROBE STAPLES TO MIX AND MATCH THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
- STYLE DIRECTION: PLEIN SUD
- NINO BRAND’S FALL 2011 COLLECTION DESIGNED BY BELA SHEHU
- DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT: YUMA BELLA
- INSPIRATION FOUND: LANA DEL REY
- STEAL HER STYLE: LADY SAGITTARIUS