A major seasonal staple in any gal’s wardrobe–heck, I have at least 20—boots, can make or break an outfit. Here, we give you a stylistic breakdown that will help you in finding the perfect match… and at a pretty price point to boot.
1. The Wellie. No need to brave the rain dressed as a monsoon monger, ladies. There are tons of chic options out there that’ll keep your tootsies dry and fly; some of which don’t even look like rain boots at all:
2. The Riding (about town) Boot. Classic and timeless, these go with just about everything. I suggest some vintage venturing for the perfect, worn-in pair. But, in the meantime, these are equally as lovely:
3. The Moto Boot. Whether you’re a bad-ass babe or just looking for the perfect rocker chic item, moto boots are the bee’s knees. Mix it up a bit by pairing them with something unexpected like a frilly bell skirt and tights:
4. The Wedge. If you’re a petite princess like myself (and about half of the VG staff) these will be your new best friends. Most of them now come equipped with a “hidden” wedge, giving you a sweet, sexy lift. Pair em’ with this season’s maxi dresses and skirts for a leg up on the competition:
5. The Shearling/Chunky Knit-Lined Boot. Nothing says warm, toasty, and cozy like the lush look of shearling. Sure they’re chocked-up as a trend this season, but try telling that to my parental fashion plate of a mother, who’s had a to-die-for pair since the 70’s:
6. The Combat Boot. From your favorite worn-in pair of Doc’s, to new styles that harken hints of the prairie and the firing field, this is a style that will stand the test of time. Like the riding boot, they can be paired with just about anything, from a pair of skinny jeans to a dainty tiered dress:
7. The Pipe Dream. Need I say more?